Thursday, January 7, 2010

Now that all the deadlines have been met, and all the grunt work of taking down exhibits is done, I can concentrate again on making art.
I have recently done a few value studies on 8X18 gessoed masonite, quickly done, 30 min or less, and lots of fun!  As a lesson, it was not only values that I reinforced, but the value of utilizing just a little bit of painting time.  It always seemed to me that just an hour or two was hardly worth the effort of setting up and cleaning up the palette.  Not so, which I learned with this exercise.  Thanks Dave for offering this lesson! (cropped till I fill out with other studies)


Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft's powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.

2 comments:

Barbara Pask said...

Excellent Debra, nice job. Wish when I clicked on your images they blew up larger, would love a closer look.

Joan Sicignano Artist said...

Hi Debra, I agree with Barbara, your work is excellent! I haven't been on fb lately, so I am glad I get your images on my blog so I can see what you have been up to. Have a great day.

Joan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...