Friday, August 13, 2010

New Additions...


"Evening Comes..." 12X20

"Miah" 16X20

I don't know about you, but sometimes I just seem to blink and an entire week has gone by!  In this case......TWO weeks have gone with the wind...  I didn't get much painting done on Ustream, but I did get something accomplished at The ART Lounge Gallery in that time.  I worked on 5 quick studies there, and painted two online, one quick study and one more in depth, but still impressionistic.  To view any of my demonstrations, go HERE.

I am determined to gain some small measure of mastery over florals, for which I really don't care.  But I am, after all, an artist, and an artist should be able to paint anything....or so I feel.  So, some of my recent quick studies have been florals.  To my surprise, I quite enjoyed working on them!

You may remember Wilson's daughter, Sophia from about 6 weeks ago.  A couple of weeks ago, I painted another of his beauties, Miah.  Both were his reference photos and I thank him for allowing me to paint from them.  It is always my pleasure to render the face and his girls are lovely!


2 comments:

Lalitha said...

I actually enjoyed reading through this posting.Many thanks.

oil paintings reproductions

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

Beautiful colors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...