Sunday, July 24, 2011

"JULY ROSES"

"July Roses" 5X7 Oil

July is almost over, and I have barely had time to enjoy my family and our garden. Mike brought me these lovely little roses today from the garden, knowing how much I enjoy them. Since I struggle with painting flowers, I decided this was a good challenge for me for my "day off". So...I set them up in this crystal vase and picked up the palette knife to begin the attack! I am rarely disappointed in palette knife paintings. They are juicy with bold slashes of color and texture which I find appealing in nearly any subject.
Re-opening of Beaux Arts Gallery is this Thursday with our kick-off event "Thursday Nights LIVE!" beginning at 7PM. We clean up the balance of the odds and ends tomorrow, and begin hanging art on Tuesday. The renovations have taken up the majority of our time this month, but we are excited now that our first event is approaching.
Mike, thanks for making me stop and smell the roses today...

3 comments:

Mike said...

One of my most precious pleasures is making you smile, and making you happy. This gallery brings us closer to your dreams, and that makes me happy.And it was the love that came along with the roses that inspired you to paint them. You see I love you more !!!!

Barbara Pask said...

Just beautiful Debra. Love all that texture and the roses read just right. I can't wait to hear about the opening, I am so excited for and Mike. I'll be there in spirit.

You have the sweetest husband, so romantic.

Debra Bryant said...

Thanks Mike and Barb. He is such a ham with pretty words Barb; don't let him fool you! LOL I am just going in circles now, trying to list the "to do's" and the "pick-up's" and the "done that's" Helps to have back-up; as always, thanks Mike...#2! HA!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...