Saturday, January 5, 2013

EASTER BONNET

"Easter Bonnet"  Original oil painting, 6" X 6", Unframed
SOLD!

Last Spring, Mike and I found ourselves killing time in N'Orleans, on our way to San Antonio for the Salon International at Greenhouse Gallery, where I had a piece juried.  This was a first visit for us and we really enjoyed our time there and took the opportunity to snap lots of photos.

This woman was a street musician, sitting and singing on a park bench, waiting for the Easter Parade to come up Bourbon Street.  I was enchanted with her lovely lavender hat with its fuschia silk flowers tucked into the band.  I am just champing at the bit to go back, and even considered it around Christmas time, but there will be time soon...  Btw, K'Paul's is calling me back!


2 comments:

Lou Belcher said...

Lovely portrait. You have captured the feeling of her.

Linda Popple said...

This lady caught my eye with her beautiful hat! Well done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...