Saturday, January 26, 2013

GRACEFUL LANDING


"Graceful Landing"  Original oil painting  Unframed  6" X 6"
For purchase information, please contact me at:  bryantstudio@gmail.com

I realized this afternoon that I have not been taking full advantage of the Daily Paintworks site, of which I am a member.  They have a weekly challenge and I had not been looking at them as they were posted.  There are several which would make good paintings for this challenge as well.  Today I put aside the paintings I have in progress for long enough to paint this one.

We love the native birds here in Florida and there are many opportunities to catch "the" shot.  Mike caught this one for me just before touchdown in the water.  I thought it fit the "Make it Move" challenge, so this is a double-dip painting, painted very quickly to keep the soft edges to imply movement.

3 comments:

Bennett Hock said...

I love this one Debra...You captured the gracefulness of the bird perfectly...love the whites and soft palette.

Debra Bryant said...

Thanks Maria. It just fell together in about half an hour. Sometimes you are soooooo blessed!

Jerry Kinnamon said...

Aye aye! Yikes! Magnificent Deb... But next time please, say it took you a year and a half...this is beautiful, glows like heaven. Thanks for your so many tips, surely helps appreciation for what you do, and challenges us to grow...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...