Wednesday, January 9, 2013

IN QUIET PLACES


"In Quiet Places"  Original oil painting, unframed 6" X 6"
For purchase information, please visit my daily painting website HERE

As most of my friends know, I don't often paint flowers.  I really don't enjoy painting them, and would so much rather tackle a face.....any face!  This is from a reference photo I took a few years ago in San Antonio at the McNay Art Museum.

My friends and fellow artists, Susan Carlin and Ugur Kilic took me to see this lovely museum.  I have to say the grounds were every bit as artistic as the exhibits inside.  The statuary was stunning (among them "Washer Woman" by Renoir!) and the inner courtyard with fountains, sculptures, architectural accents and reflecting pool just ate up the memory on my camera card.  I expect to be painting from that adventure for years to come.......so much to paint and so little time.

If you are in that area, you should really make an effort to visit this beautiful museum.  I don't think you will be disappointed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...