Tuesday, January 8, 2013

LIFE FORCE


"Life Force"  Original oil painting, unframed 6" X 6"
SOLD!

I love painting still life set-ups more and more.  What I am NOT fond of, is actually setting them up, although I could hardly go wrong with this simple one.  I love red and it seems to love me, and having recently painted "Berry Glow" for this same challenge, I was anxious to work "red" into another of these 30 Paintings in 30 Days.

On my way through the kitchen with my morning tea, I saw the greens peeking out of my granite onion bowl on the counter.  It seemed as good a subject as any to plop into my little red plate to paint.  I particularly liked the lovely soft greens of the new growth as they burst forth from the onion bulb.  Now that it's painted, I should probably go plant the poor thing and let it's life force spring forth, don't you think??

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...