Monday, January 14, 2013

RED HAT


"Red Hat"  Original oil painting, unframed  6" X 6"
SOLD!

I don't know about the rest of the country, but we seem to have a lot of red hats in Central Florida.  It seems that the main purpose of those whose heads they grace, is to simply have fun and enjoy each other's company.  I have run into them at luncheons, at showers and parties...and you should see them at Red Hat Day when the Florida Strawberry Festival rolls around!  I have never seen so much red and purple together in one place in my life!

Being partial to red myself, I bought my own red hat about 6 years ago and although I am not yet a member of the Red Hat Society, I enjoy dusting it off every Derby Day and enjoying my spin on the mint julep (fresh blackberry mint julep to be exact!).  I am, after all, a Kentucky gal.  All other red hats can wait...

1 comment:

Crazy Ravens Studio said...

I like the whole red hat movement. This is a nice red hat portrait.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...