Wednesday, February 6, 2013

LOOK BOTH WAYS


"Look Both Ways"  Original oil painting  Unframed  6" X 6"
For purchase information, please contact me at:  bryantstudio@gmail.com


Birds of all species are such fun subjects to paint.  I love the predators and the waterfowl, and the domestic birds as well.  One of my earliest "favorites" was the Canada goose.  Before I ever seriously dreamed of being a fine artist, I dabbled in ceramics.  One of my favorite pieces is a clock on which I painted a scene of water, reeds and some Canada geese near dawn.  The clock was embossed with some of the elements and I made up the rest, being deliberate in the look I wanted, since it was a Christmas gift for my Dad.  I love that clock, and the memories it brings.  I now have it back and I cherish it, and the bond it represents.  Every time I paint these birds, it is another reminder of my Dad, who loved these beautiful birds.

1 comment:

Bennett Hock said...

Love the painting, the title and especially the story...good memories...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...