Saturday, January 18, 2014

PLAYING DRESS-UP

"Playing Dress-up"  Original oil painting, unframed, 6" X 6"
To purchase through my Dailypaintworks auction, click HERE

I borrowed this reference from my relative back home.  She has some of the most wonderful photos of her lovely children.  I have wanted to paint this one for quite some time, and decided today was the day!  I painted this one, not as a strict portrait, but used it as a reference of the idea of a little girl playing "dress up".Maggy Kay is a delightful child, all sugar and spice, if you know what I mean, and she was a joy to paint!

3 comments:

Sarah Trumpp said...

The colors in her face are wonderful and grabbed me from the thumbnail. Wonderful portrait!!

Cindy D. said...

Beautiful! Wonderful facial features and that bright green background is fantastic!

Vanessa Bentley said...

I just love the colours that you used in this portrait! Eye catching and beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...