Tuesday, January 21, 2014

WHAT MAY BE...

"What May Be..."  Original oil painting, unframed, 6" X 6"
To purchase through my Dailypaintworks auction, click HERE

I've been wanting to paint this green bottle for some time.  It reminds me of an old apothecary bottle, but I am not sure where I got it and it doesn't have any embossed print on it.

While browsing through my photos for painting reference, I came across a lovely flower bed from my hometown.  There were lots of different colors, patterns and textures within the grouping.......too much information for a good painting.  So, I zeroed in on one tiny section of the arrangement.  Instead of a floral (we all know I am not fond of painting flowers, right??), I decided this would be a painting about "What May Be...", and painted just the stem and a couple of leaves.  The rest is up to you!

Oh! This is one of those times I broke the rules, and deliberately cut the painting in half horizontally.  It just had to be, with the square bottle and the water level all working together, supporting the upright stem.  :)

1 comment:

Mo Teeuw said...

I painted green glass bottles today and have to say I like the way you've tackled this. I found the glass quite challenging. Well done.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...