Saturday, January 24, 2015

HIGHLAND MICKEY

"Highland Mickey", original oil painting, 6" X 6", unframed
Private Collection

I have been known to pirate a photo or two off my friends' facebook albums, especially when it involves portraits.  I find faces interesting!  Sometimes you have great light, sometimes it's the structure or coloring or attitude.  With Mickey, I really liked all the colorful fleshtones and I always find that challenging.  I wanted to keep this loose, with emphasis on the facial tones and little blending.  Anyway, I sure had fun with him!

7 comments:

Sue Marrazzo said...

yOU did a GREAT JOB with this one.....GOOD Luck with #26!!

SMV said...

You can see years of wisdom behind those eyes. Well done!
Sharon

Barbra Joan said...

Super Good! , Debra

Pattie Wall said...

Great character portrait! Love the perfect fleshtones.

martine paquet said...

Strong portrait !

April Rimpo said...

Nicely done

Karen Knutson said...

Wow! This is such a good painting. Please tell me that it took you more than one day to do! It's fantastic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...