Thursday, March 18, 2010

*SOLD*
Today I painted at The ART Lounge Gallery, this little portrait, which is a study in cool fleshtones and backlight.  The Fl. Strawberry Festival is over and I am eager to get back to painting MORE!  I did get to demonstrate 4 days, which was very nice.  Anytime I can paint is a good day.  I am working on 8X10 portrait studies, faces.  My goal is to sharpen my drawing (with paint) skills as well as to master a variety of fleshtones.  I believe quick studies are the best way to achieve this.

Hotmail: Trusted email with powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.

3 comments:

Pattie Wall said...

Lovely portrait Deb. I know this source photo. Tried it myself, it was difficult. Nice one!

Debra Bryant said...

Thanks Pattie. Wetcanvas is a great source for reference material. I have utilized as many as 5 for a still life painting once.

Jillaine Smith said...

Debra, thanks for the ref to Wetcanvas; didn't know about it before; browsing now. -- Jillaine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...