Thursday, January 9, 2014

BEACH DAY

"Beach Day"  Original oil painting, unframed 6" X 6"
For purchase information, please contact me at:  bryantstudio@gmail.com

How can I resist a portrait now and then?  Well, I can't, of course.  It's what I love painting the most and I am drawn back to faces over and over.  I am always on the lookout for good faces and figures and great poses.  I do especially enjoy painting children.  I snapped this photo about 20 years ago and have painted her more than once.  I just love the hair and the shadows and the freshness of her expression.  I also enjoy the volumes of hair on this little one.....such fun!

2 comments:

AnnD said...

I love portraits, too, and this is a great one! Your lighting is wonderful, as is the softness of those sweet little girl cheeks! The highlights in her hair are fantastic, too.

Sheila said...

Beautiful! Your work is lovely - your rose is stunning!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...