Friday, May 28, 2010

SPRING MEADOWS


"Spring Meadows"  Original oil painting, 8" X 10"
For purchase information, please contact me at:  bryantstudio@gmail.com

Summertime is here! We have been picking beans from the garden, blackberries for cobbler, planting more flowers in the garden and preparing new planting beds...oh, and taking photos in the garden for possible reference. Deluged by all the craziness of Spring, I have cleared some clutter in the studio, prepared umpteen panels for painting, planted, nurtured, and generally created a more serene space in my life.

I finished the self-portrait I began on my visit to Susan Carlin http://www.susancarlin.com/ in San Antonio. The reference photo was taken by her charming friend Ugur, who skillfully captured a great reference in one shot, and was delightful company as we painted. Ugur is a highly skilled Graphic Designer and Photographer. Thank you Ugur! The photo is priceless to me.

Yesterday, I put finishing touches on 4 paintings that have been sitting around the studio, and totally reworked another. I framed, tagged, inventoried and prepared them for exhibiting at The ART Lounge Gallery for the month of June. It was a very productive day.
I think I need more frames! Ha!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...