Tuesday, January 20, 2015

PLAYING CATCH-UP

"Glow", original oil painting, 6" X 6", unframed

"Mixed Emotions", original oil painting, 6" X 6", unframed
SOLD!

Sooooo..... ok.  Here I am trying to play catch-up for Leslie Byrd Saeta's "30 Paintings in 30 Days" challenge.  I have not painted since the 15th for one reason or another.  My brother came for a visit for a few days and, since I had not seen him in a couple of years, yes, I took that time for myself.  It was a wonderful visit, full of fun and talk and just enjoying each other's company, but definitely too short a visit.

Yesterday, I squeezed in two paintings, but had no time to post them.  Today I managed three more after he left for home, so here are two............  Days # 16, and #20.  Tomorrow I should catch up with #21 and #22 and we are square again!

There is nothing like pressure to inspire you to new color combinations, an economy of brushstrokes and just plain fun experimenting.  In these pieces, I have experimented with drama, color, subtlety, bold and bright choices and loved them all.  What a way to learn and grow!  There is nothing off limits in this challenge as long as I paint 30 in 30.  :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...