Tuesday, February 12, 2013

LITTLE NIBBLER


"Little Nibbler"  Original oil painting  Unframed  6" X 6"
For information on purchase, please visit my daily painting website HERE

This little guy was one of several little ground squirrels, coming out in the early morning desert at the base of Delicate Arch in Arches National Park last Spring.  Here he has found one of my raw pumpkin seeds from a trail mix I prepared before leaving Florida for our 5 week jaunt through parts of the Southwestern USA.

My foot was barely out of the shot of this little creature and I took dozens of shots of him with my cell phone as he sat there and ate my offerings.  I would not have put anything out for him that was salted or harmful, but since I prepared the mix myself, I knew exactly what was in it and raw and organic was safe.  We enjoyed all the goodies (trail mix, kale chips, power bars, orange slices YUMMY!) that I dehydrated and prepared for our trip and several of the "locals" did too.  *wink*

2 comments:

Susan Williamson said...

Wonderful treatment of this subject...love the colors@

Maria Bennett Hock said...

beautifully warm palette...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...